At the eLCC conference, we had Beyond Culturally Relevant Pedagogy and Beyond Dominant Tech Culture sessions where we discussed social justice and education.
If you would like to continue that conversation especially with students, here’s an invitation from UCD education students on the topic of social justice.
Dear Community Members,
Please join us next Wednesday, May 8th for The UnSettled States of whiteness. This event is a series of UCD Educational Foundation 4001/5001 student panels on racism, racial privilege, white supremacy and colorblind racism. These series of panels will identify and critically analyze whiteness to understand racial implications in everyday society. Participants will start to learn a vocabulary of how to talk about whiteness and what to do to challenge racism.
WHEN: Wednesday, May 8th
Time: 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Where: CU Denver Student Commons Building 2600 (2nd floor)
1201 Larimer Street, Denver, CO 80204
Admission: Free but an RSVP would be appreciated.
Food will be served.
This event is open to the public. Please forward this invitation to anyone you feel might be interested.
– RTD light rail Auraria Campus Station
– RTD Bus routes 43, 6 and 15L
– You may park inside the Tivoli Parking Garage and 7th Street Garage or at the Spruce and Pepsi Center parking lot. Visit this link for more info about Auraria Campus parking.
ACCESS + BUILDING INFO
– The 2nd floor of the CU Denver Student Commons Building can be accessed with elevators or stairs.
– Wheelchair-accessible bathrooms on all floors
– A gender inclusive restroom is located on the 1st floor, NW corner of the building
– During the event, space in the front row will be available for wheelchairs and anyone with hearing impairments or other needs.